June 5, 2015 11:59 AM
I started two new things recently. I don’t know if they are related. I’ve started writing the book (again) and started meditating (again).
I’ve started writing because it’s time and it feels right, but I’ve started meditating again because I was inspired by some of the testimonials to TM (I’m not affiliated with them or advocating them) and re-realized how a regular meditation practice helps ground a spiritual life.
- I sit in a half lotus (no reason other than I find it comfortable) with my eyes closed
- I visualize Love/Light moving up from the ground and filling my body so it glows
- I visualize a shaft of Love/Light from above dissolving my body (and any self-contraction)
- I rest as sort of a vague blob of Love/Light, gently radiating outward
- After the timer goes off (15 minutes), I open my eyes and fill everything that my vision focuses on with Love/Light until I’m ready to get up
- I try to do this two times a day, once in the morning and once in the evening
This practice is kind of a combination of one I used to do to stabilize my initial awakening, a vision I had a few months later, and the “touching things with your eyes” I mentioned in the BATGAP interview.
Like This? Buy the Book...
Purchase A Mystic's Journal on Amazon